Makes 6 servings
This recipe was created for my diabetic father-in-law so the sugar is low. If you like a sweeter dessert, increase the sugar to 1 cup.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 - 16oz tub Bellwether Farms Plain Sheep Yogurt (2 cups)
- Optional: Topping of choice - Compote, fresh berries or citrus.
- Optional - drizzle of Honey
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water; let stand until softened, 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, sugar to a simmer. Off the heat, stir in the gelatin until melted. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth. Gradually whisk in the cream. Pour the mixture into six 1/2-cup ramekins and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
2. Run a knife around the inside of each ramekin. Set a plate on each ramekin and invert each panna cotta onto a plate; you may have to tap and shake the ramekins to loosen the panna cottas. Slice the fruit or dollop the compote on top of the panna cottas. Drizzle with some of the honey and serve.