Spiced Cranberry Cake with Sheep Yogurt
This cake can be made ahead and has better flavor the day after it is made.
Yield: 12 large pieces
• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 1/2 teaspoons all spice
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup Bellwether Farms Plain Sheep Milk Yogurt
• 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
• 1 cup fresh cranberries – pulse in a food processor 10 times. Some will remain whole and that is ok. (dried cranberries can be substituted)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Whisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract, then yogurt. Add dry ingredients; beat just until blended. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Transfer batter to prepared Bundt pan.
Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
Serve it for breakfast with coffee or tea. Or have it as a dessert with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or ice cream.