Dutch Baby Oven With Ricotta
Yield: 1-9” inch pan, serves 4-5 people as a side.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-12oz Bellwether Farms Jersey or Sheep Milk Ricotta
• Fruit and powdered sugar, for serving, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the butter in a 9 inch cast iron skillet or cake pan and put in the oven.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour and salt until combined. When butter is melted, remove pan from the oven and swirl butter around until it coats the bottom and the sides. Pour the batter into the pan, dollop the ricotta onto of batter and place it back in the oven.
3. Bake until puffed and golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately with powdered sugar, your favorite compote and/or fresh fruit.