Herb Baked Pear, Bacon & Ricotta Salad
Fromage Blanc can be subsititued from the Ricotta.
Yield Serves 8
• 3 pears, such as Bartlett or Comice, halved and cored
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 3/4 pound thick-sliced bacon, cooked until crisp and roughly chopped (reserving bacon fat)
• 1/4 cup sherry-wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
• 1 head frisee, torn into bite-size pieces
• Optional - 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
• 6-8os Bellwether Farms Ricotta
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss halved pears with butter, sugar, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer pears to a baking sheet, cut-side up, and roast until tender and well browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Take the pears out of the over and scoop about 2 Tbs. of Fromage Blanc inside the cut out core. Put back in oven for about 10 minutes to warm the cheese.
2. In a medium bowl, combine shallot, bacon, and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil and 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine greens. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat and toss to combine. Transfer to a large platter, and top with roasted pears and sprinkle with walnuts. Spoon remaining vinaigrette over pears and serve immediately.