Makes around 2 cups
- 2 - medium onions, small dice
- 3 Tlbs. - canola or veg oil
- 1- 5oz tub Bellwether Farms Crème Fraîche
- ¾ cup – Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc
- 2 tsp. - white wine vinegar
- 1 bu. - chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tlbs – chopped fresh thyme
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
Heat oil in saute pan. Add diced onion and cook slowly on medium heat until soft and caramelized. This can take 30-45 minutes if done right. Don't rush them or the sweetness will be lost and they will become bitter. Once done, remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a bowl mix together the onions and the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste. We recommend to make the morning of or a day ahead to allow the flavors to marry. Serve with vegetables or your favorite chip.