Basic Seeded Flat Bread Dough with Nigella Seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Bellwether Farms crème fraiche
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, peeled, trimmed and sliced into thin wedges
- 10 strips smoked bacon, cooked until almost crisp and crumbled
1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs well and fold in the crème fraîche, season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Use the back of a spoon to spread the crème fraîche mixture on each circle, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Sprinkle each tart liberally with the onions and bacon, dividing them equally among the dough ovals, season with salt and pepper. Bake as instructed in the flat bread recipe above.