Yields 6 individually stuffed potatoes.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes or Yams
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -8oz Bellwether Farms Crescenza
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or preferred nut)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Put sweet potatoes in a middle of the oven and bake until soft, about 45-50 minutes. Take out and let cool slightly.
Cut 3 of the sweet potatoes in half leaving 6 sides. Scoop out the 6 sides leaving enough meat on the inside to keep the shape of the potato. Use the last 2 halves for the filling. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, butter, crescenza, sage, salt and pepper while the potatoes are still warm. Mix until smooth. Stuff the 6 halves with the filling and place in a buttered dish.
In medium bowl, mix the sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato halves.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 -40 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown. Serve warm.