- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl combine the shallot, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until the salt is dissolved. Whisk in the olive oil and let vinaigrette stand at room temperature until salad is assembled.
- 4 lightly-packed cups arugula
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces Bellwether Farms San Andreas, Shaved
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
Combine the arugula, mixed greens and half of the pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Whisk the vinaigrette until uniform and add all but 2 tablespoons of it to the bowl. Gently toss the salad with your hands or salad tongs, coating the ingredients well with the vinaigrette. If the salad seems dry, add the vinaigrette in small increments until it is dressed to your liking. Shave the San Andreas over the salad and sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts over the top. Serve immediately.