Great with Beer!
Makes 2 dozen
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
• 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 1 cup grated (2 1/2 ounces) Bellwether Farms Pepato
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 5 tablespoons mascarpone
1. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese and walnuts; pulse until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone at a time, pulsing each time to combine. Process until dough comes together and is well combined.
2. Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape dough into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight for next day baking. If planning to cook same day, place in freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice chilled log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake immediately, rotating sheet once, until crackers are golden brown and firm in the center, around 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Crackers may be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.