- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (4 oz.) softened
- 1/4 cup Bellwether Farms crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Bellwether Farms Carmody Cheese, diced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any bits of shell
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Toasted baguette slices
- Sliced pear, for garnish
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, combine the onion, cream cheese, crème fraîche, mayonnaise, Carmody, rosemary, and thyme. Gently stir in the crabmeat, and spread the crab dip in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the panko and dried parsley on top of the crab dip.
Bake dip for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and top is browned. If necessary, brown top under broiler for a few minutes. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices and garnish with sliced pear and rosemary sprigs.