Heirloom Tomatoes with Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc Cheese
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Paul Martin of American Bistro.
- 3 slices of Organic Heirloom Tomatoes (mix colors) per person
- 2 TB of “scattered” Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 TB EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 TB aged Balsamic vinegar (or you can cook the vinegar reduce by half and cool for a glaze)
- ½ TB of micro Basil
1. Heirloom Tomatoes should be at room temperature, slice around ¼” thick. The tomatoes should be of varying colors and shapes for fun.
2. Arrange slices on plate, season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil then vinegar
4. Scatter the cheese around and on top of tomatoes
5. Scatter the micro basil around and on top.