- 2 cups Bellwether Farms sheep’s milk ricotta
- 3 farm eggs
- 2 cups blanched chopped chard
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus more to garnish)
- 3/4 cup flour
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh marjoram, picked and chopped
- a pinch of chili flakes
- extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated parmesan to garnish
GNUDI In a bowl combine the ricotta, eggs, chard, parmesan, flour, salt and pepper. Scoop into gently simmering salted water. When they come to a float, let cook another minute or so until they feel slightly firm to the touch. With a skimmer, gently remove from the water into the bowl and top with the sauce, more parmesan, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
SAUCE: In a large sauté pan on medium high heat, sauté the onions a few minutes until fragrant. Add the
Tomatoes and simmer about 10 minutes. Season with marjoram, and salt and pepper to taste.