Nectarine and Fromage Blanc Tart from Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc
- 25 sugar cookies, coarsely broken (about 6 ounces; about 2 1/4 cups pieces)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces Bellwether Farms fromage blanc cheese
- 8 ounces Bellwether Farms fresh cow’s milk ricotta
- ½ cup Bellwether Farms crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 to 5 small nectarines, halved, pitted, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup peach jam, warmed
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Finely grind cookies in food processor. Add butter and almond meal and blend until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust until color darkens, pressing sides with back of spoon if beginning to slide, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the fromage blanc, ricotta, crème fraiche, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Using a hand held mixer or the paddle attachment beat until smooth. Spread filling in prepared crust. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
Overlap nectarine slices atop filling in concentric circles. Brush with jam. Serve, or refrigerate up to 6 hours.
Yield: Makes 8 servings